What is Assessment of Prior Learning?
Assessment of Prior Learning sometimes referred to Recognition of Prior Learning. Recognition of current competency, cross credit or credit transfer (RPL.RCC/CC/CT). Applicants can apply for APL if they believe their prior learning, experience, previous accreditation/certification that has met any of the learning outcomes of any of the courses or programmes of study offered at Aromaflex Academy in any academic period.
All applicants must satisfy the academic regulations requirements; including entry into specific programmes of study delivered by Aromaflex Academy.
Details of achievements and supporting documentation must be provided before APL can be process, assessed and approved.
When to Apply
An APL application should be initiated at least two weeks prior to the course commencement date. Case of late enrolment will be dealt with on an individual case by case basis.
Who Can Apply
A person may apply for APL if they think their prior studies, knowledge, skills and experience equip them to display appropriate levels of competency in the required course of learning in a programme of study that leads to a qualification and has substantiated that they have a valid enrolment status.
Ways of Showing Evidence of APL
APL can only be granted on evidence that is related to appropriate levels of competency that has been achieved. The following ways may be used to show evidence of APL within the past three (3) years.
Documents that may be acceptable include, but are not limited to:
- Certified copies of certificates or qualifications achieved from other educational bodies
- Academic transcripts; both from New Zealand and overseas
- Details of course content
- Learning outcomes/competencies achieved for the course
- Completed coursework and assessment materials
- Supporting letter(s) written by a person who knows the applicant and has direct knowledge of the activity for which the applicant has claimed APL
- Membership of relevant professional associations or registrations
- Relevant present and / or past work experience demonstrated in a brief CV or work history
- Results/statements of attendance/certificates – in-house courses, workshops, and seminars e.g. first aid, etc.
- Relevant samples of work
- References/letters from previous employers/supervisors
- Any Licenses issued to the applicant to practice a relevant professional discipline
You are advised to submit as much information as possible to show evidence of current competency.